- Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency figures indicated that tourism expenditure increased to about S.R. 68 Billion.
- Statistics of the Tourist Information and Research Center in the Saudi Arabia estimated that the Saudis spending on external tourism, exceeded S.R.29 billion, last year, paid by more than four million Saudi travelers during the summer vacations.
- Increase of external travelers numbers the Eid’s (Religious Festival) vacations by about (3.4) travelers.
- Government estimations expected that the Saudi internal tourism expenditures may reach up to SAR 100 Billion by the 2020.
- Saudis occupy the first place internationally in term of tourist expenditure.
- According to the classification of the World Economic Forum WEF of the United Nations International Tourist Organization, Saudi Arabia occupies the first place among (139) countries in the annual data comprehensiveness index for the travel and tourism sector.
According to a report issued by the travel and tourism International Board Saudi Arabia is expected to occupy the 18th place in the world with regard to the national product in economy and tourism.
Therefore, Riyadh Travel Fair 2016 will offer you unique opportunity to meet with Nearly 20,000 visitors including VIP, businessmen, journalists and professionals in travel sector, in-addition to a number of non-profitable organizations interested in purchasing, selling, and collection of information regarding your destinations, products or services.
Riyadh is one of the richest cities in the Middle East and the 80th richest city in the world. Once a small walled city, Riyadh has developed into a dynamic metropolis over the years. Along with the urban areas of Dhahran, Dammam, Khobar and Jeddah, Riyadh has become a focal point for both travel and trade.